Youth Minister Job Opening
St. Malachy Parish has a part-time Youth Minister job opening beginning the fall of 2020.
- Part time position with some benefits, 25 hours/week
- The Youth Minister will report to the Faith Formation Leader.
- Please respond by June 30, 2020
This person will lead Catholic Religious Education for 7th and 8th Grades and 9th-12th Grades. The hours will be a mixture of days, evenings, and weekends depending on the preparation, activity, and need. The hours per week will average out at 25 hours.
- Implement the Parish’s Junior High and High School programs and activities some of which are Wednesday Morning Prayer Group (7th& 8th Grades), Oasis, Teen Masses, Living Stations, Graduation, Steubenville, social events and retreats.
- Recruit, train, and support volunteers to assist with programs
- Communicate with students, parents, and volunteers
- Implement the Safe Environment Program for volunteers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Professing and practicing Catholic
- Knowledge of the Catholic Faith
- Possess planning, organizational, collaborative, and communication skills
- Proficient in the current technology and social media
- Committed to personal faith formation growth
If interested please send a cover letter and resume to Deacon Robert O’Rourke at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to the office at 595 E. Ogden Avenue, Geneseo, Illinois 61254. Please respond by June 30, 2020.